Hi, my name is Amber Creamer with Dyslexia Reading Connection. I am here with our fifth video for dyslexia awareness month. Today, we are highlighting the most common warning signs of dyslexia for middle schoolers and high school age students between the ages of 13 and 18. A child in this age range will:
- have a limited vocabulary for their age
- have extremely poor written expression compared to the vocal expression
- struggle getting thoughts down on paper
- struggle to learn a foreign language
- have difficulty reading printed music
- read something two or three times to fully comprehend it
- have directionality confusion, while driving
- turn left when they want to turn right
- get lost easily
- be a terrible speller, often needing voice-to-text technology to help
We hope this blog raises awareness of dyslexia, helps you spot warning signs, or may even answer some of the questions you have. If you want more information, please feel free to reach out. You can go to our website, social media, call us or email us. We’re here to help!
Thanks for watching our fifth dyslexia minute and stay tuned for next week’s video which will be discussing B/D confusion. Thank you.